Mass Intentions have moved online to REALM!
Click below to log-in. Look under 'Featured Registration Events' to select the week you need a Mass celebrated. You can offer your donation on Realm too.
Mass Intention Policies
At St. Michael Parish, there are many requests for scheduling Mass Intentions. The following policies are now being implemented in order to accommodate the numerous Mass requests in a reasonable and fair manner.
Offering a Mass for a special intention is a long-standing tradition in the Catholic Church. It is usually considered that special graces are obtained for whom the Mass is said. Masses are offered for many reasons; for the souls in purgatory or in remembrance for someone who is deceased, or someone who is ill or having a special occasion.
A Mass Intention may be set for:
- A deceased loved one
- A living person who is sick or suffering
- A living person who is celebrating a birthday, anniversary or other special moment in their life;
- In thanksgiving to God (including the Lord Jesus or the Holy Spirit);
- In thanksgiving for a favor granted through the intercession of a Blessed or a Saint;
- For a prayer intention (so long as the intention does not contradict Church teaching)
A Mass Intention may not be set for:
- An unknown or "private" intention;
- A prayer intention that contradicts Catholic moral doctrine
Mass Intentions are published weekly in the Sunday bulletin. Mass Intentions are a personal donation, but the suggested amount is $10. This signifies the sacrificial nature of giving of something of yourself to associate more intimately with Christ who offers himself in the Eucharist.
In order to give the opportunity for all parishioners to schedule a Mass Intention for their loved ones and to accommodate recently deceased individuals, the Mass Intention book will open for 3 months at a time. We will not schedule a Mass Intention unless the book is open for those dates. Three Mass requests per quarter are allowed with the following stipulations. Due to the limited availability of weekend Masses, no one person/family may schedule more than ONE WEEKEND MASS PER QUARTER. DAILY MASS INTENTIONS may be scheduled 2 per quarter. Requests will be honored on a first-come, first-serve basis in the order in which the request is received.
November (last Tuesday) - the book will open for Jan-Feb-Mar
February (last Tuesday) - the book will open for Apr-May-Jun
May (last Tuesday) - the book will open for Jul-Aug-Sept
August (last Tuesday) - the book will open for Oct and Dec
Please read the following guidelines carefully:
- St. Michael parish will only have one Mass Intention per Mass to keep us current with Canon Law of the Catholic Church. Each Mass is said for one person or one family.
- Mass Intentions may be requested for Sundays, most holidays and weekdays throughout the Year, except during the month of November.
- Mass Intentions cannot be scheduled for Christmas or Easter, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. These Masses will be celebrated for our priests’ intentions.
- One Mass every Sunday must be scheduled by the Pastor for the intentions of our parishioners known as “Pro Populo” (For the People) as required by Canon Law and diocesan statute.