Courses Offered Spring 2020
The Book of Revelation, The Kingdom Yet to Come (Ascension Press, Jeff Cavins)
Thursday Mornings (10:00 am - 11:30 am)
11-week series | January 16 - March 26, 2020
Materials cost: $27 per person
- Learn the meaning of the mysterious figures and events in the book of Revelation.
- Discover how the Mass is really heaven on earth.
- Learn about the Antichrist and his destruction.
- See the Second Coming of Christ and the Final Judgment in the context of history.
- Learn what will happen at the end of time and the establishment of a new heaven and a new earth.
Divine Mercy, In the Second Greatest Story Ever Told (Augustine Institute, Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC)
Thursday Afternoons (1:00 – 2:30 pm)
10 Sessions | January 30 – April 2, 2020 (Concluding just before Divine Mercy Sunday, which is celebrated April 19, 2020.
Materials cost: $20 per person
With his characteristic skill and lucid style, Fr. Michael Gaitley interweaves the dramatic history of Poland, the transformative message of St. Faustina, the miraculous appearance of Mary at Fatima, the witness of St. Maximilian Kolbe, and the world-changing papacy of Pope Saint John Paul II into a tapestry of wonder and beauty.
- 10 sessions that make the mystery of Divine Mercy clearer than ever before.
- Insights and information for deeper understanding.
- Guided reflections for each session to make the study your own throughout the week.
Apologetics – How to Answer the Tough Moral Questions
Tuesday Mornings (10:30 am - 12:00 pm)
7-week session | January 21 – March 3, 2020
Materials cost: $10 per person
In this short course in morality we will discuss the questions:
- How do we know the moral law?
- How do we evaluate moral acts?
- Topics covered include abortion, euthanasia, contraception, and more.
Walking With Purpose, Opening Your Heart (Women’s Small Group Bible Study)
At the event, St. Michael WWP volunteer leaders and WWP national staff will explain the program discernment process as well as the free leadership training and mentoring support WWP offers. There is no cost to attend and refreshments will be provided. Register online at wwp.today/NC11 or contact Jennifer Mays at [email protected]
Two Sessions Available: Tuesday Mornings (8:30 – 10:00 am) & Tuesday Evenings (7:00 – 8:30 pm)
This 22 week session started in September but will run through March 17, 2020. New members are always welcome!
Workbook cost: $40 per person
Opening Your Heart explores the fundamental questions of our Catholic faith and our relationship with Jesus Christ. We’ll dig into topics like prayer, reading the bible, the role of the Holy Spirit in our lives, and how to deal with suffering that feels senseless. As questions arise in ourselves during the study we’ll be challenged to open our hearts to the only One who can bring healing and transformation that we so desire. Supplemental talks focused on setting priorities and living purposefully accompany the study guide.
Click here for information on this special program.
If you are interested in joining any of the above programs, please contact Mary DiSano 919-468-6134 or [email protected].
Interested in Becoming Catholic?
The Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) is a process through which adults become full members of the Roman Catholic Church. There are several stages involved in the process, beginning with a period of “Inquiry” to find out more about Catholicism.
RCIA meets regularly on Sundays beginning in mid-September from 9:45am-11:15am and continues up until Pentecost Sunday.
Contact Mary DiSano for additional information - [email protected] or call: 919-468-6134
Franciscan At Home - Online Learning at your Convenience
St. Michael the Archangel Parish has a paid subscription for parishioner use!
The Catechetical Institute at Franciscan University exists to train and support adults in any situation—priests, deacons, parents, or laity, whether professional, volunteer or lifelong learner. Through conferences, online workshops, videos, audio, personal mentorship, and a wealth of resources produced by Franciscan University, all involved in the work of catechesis will find new ideas, new approaches, new techniques, and a new confidence to do the work of catechesis.
An Online Hub for Local Learning
The Catechetical Institute is developing distinct ministry tracks to meet a variety of needs.
|Catechist (CT) Track||Catechumenal Ministry (RCIA) Track||Pastoral Accompaniment (PA) Track||Music Ministry (MM) Track||Ministry of Parenting (MP) Track|
|Youth Ministry (YM) Track||Catholic Schools (CS) Track||Campus Ministry (CM) Track||Diocesan Officials Track|
|Parish Catechetical Leader (PCL) Track||Culture of Life (CL) Track||First Proclamation (FP) Track||Hispanic Faith and Family Track|
St. Michael has subscribed to a dynamic new online platform called FORMED. Every parishioner will have free 24/7 access to the best Catholic content on any device, including your computer, smart TV, smartphone and tablet with internet access. With FORMED you’ll find video programs that explain the Catholic faith, explore the deepest meaning of marriage and more. You can access Bible studies on a variety of topics as well as inspiring audio talks. And you’ll find presenters like Dr. Tim Gray, Dr. Edward Sri, Dr. Mary Healey, Chris Stefanick, Dr. Scott Hahn, Bishop Robert Barron and a lot more.
FORMED is a game-changer, a real immersion of Faith! To access FORMED follow the Instructions below. You are encouraged to take advantage of this excellent resource and learn more about your faith so that you not only live it out more deeply but also share it with others.
Our subscription includes the following for FREE:
- Divine Mercy
- Symbolon: The Catholic Faith Explained
- Beloved: Finding Happiness in Marriage (Marriage Prep/Marriage Enrichment)
- Lectio: Peter and Prayer (Bible Studies with Dr. Tim Gray)
- Lectio: Eucharist (Bible study with Dr. Brant Pitre)
- Lectio: Evangelization (Bible Study with Dr. Mary Healy)
- YDisciple (A 4-year Full Discipleship Group Youth Program)
- Opening the Word (Weekly reflections on the Sunday Readings)
- 33 Days to Morning Glory (Consecration Retreat featuring Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC)
- Footprints of God (Nine-Part Video by Steve Ray)
- Lighthouse Catholic Media Audio Presentations (Numerous Topics)
- Movies and eBooks from Ignatius Press Unlimited downloads of accompanying study materials (leader & participant guides)
How to Register:
- Go to www.stmichaelcary.formed.org
- Create a personal account with your user name/email and password
- Start enjoying the best Catholic content all in one place!
For assistance, please contact Mary DiSano, Adult and Family Programs