St. Michael Parish has over 75 ministries to connect with our fellow parishioners and to the wider community. Discover the many ways that making contact with a ministry can develop your spiritual life:
- It connects us to God and to our neighbor, helping us to live the Greatest Commandment and the Golden Rule.
- It helps to make St. Michael seem like not such a large parish and gives us a small community with whom to develop meaningful relationships.
- It allows us to take our faith to the wider community by ministering to the particular needs of our brothers and sisters.
- It helps us to balance the many activities of our lives by grounding us and giving us spiritual enrichment.
- It lets us find and share the love of Jesus!
We keep a list with descriptions and contact information at this link. Please read through it and see where God is calling you to be involved in the life of our parish!
Our Music Ministry also maintains its own website ... if you are already a Music Ministry member or would like to learn more, please click here to access your information!
Our parish schedules liturgical ministries (Ushers, Readers, Altar Servers, and Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion) through a real-time ministry schedule manager called Ministry Scheduler Pro. If you are a volunteer in one of these ministries, click here to log in to the Ministry Scheduler Pro system.
We strive always to be prepared to minister to His people in the Church. As St. Paul reminds us, "[T]he one who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a first installment" (2 Corinthians 5:5). So we want to share these resources with you to help you serve God and His people as well as possible!
- "What is Liturgical Ministry?", a talk by Gerard Hall, former Director of Liturgical Ministry of the Diocese of Raleigh