Safe Environment Training
The Safe Environment Program of the Diocese of Raleigh and St. Michael Catholic Church strives to empower parishes, schools, families, and individuals to create and foster safe and healthy environments for children and youth in all aspects of their lives.
Everything we do as a church reflects our commitment to respect life in all situations by providing a secure, sacred space that safeguards and promotes human dignity by fostering the development of each individual and by creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all who come to us seeking an experience of the holy presence of God.
The main idea behind the course is the recognition of child abuse and neglect. Anyone who works with children in any capacity is required to attend this training and re-certify every five years. St. Michael Catholic Church requires all those working, or volunteering in this capacity to be trained in Safe Environment at a Level C. This means that:
- Once you have attended Safe Environment Training you are required to complete a Background form and turn it into the office as soon as possible after completion of the course. Forms are available at the Church Office, or through this link: http://www.dioceseofraleigh.org/offices/child-and-youth-protection/safe-environment-team-tools
- Once on this page, go to: Applications/Cover Letter for Volunteers in Leadership: Level C
- If you need to attend the training, the forms will be available at the training session.
- All training classes last approximately 2 hours.
- Training begins on time, and once the presentation begins you will not be admitted to the training.
David Wulff: Dave is a parishioner at St. Michael Catholic Church and has volunteered in many ministries. He also serves as co-chair of the Safe Environment Team. Dave is a retired law enforcement officer with the Cary Police Department where he served in many capacities, retiring at the rank of major. He is currently a college professor at Campbell University.
John Szymeczek: John is also a parishioner at St. Michael Catholic Church and has volunteered in many ministries. He also serves as co-chair of the Safe Environment Team. John currently serves as a law enforcement officer with the Cary Police Department as a Lieutenant.
Want to get certified? Please click here to view or register for upcoming dates for Safe Environment certification.
Have you already taken the course? Click here to check the status of your Safe Environment certification.
Please contact the Parish Office: email@example.com or 919-468-6100 to register for the session. This will ensure that we have enough handouts & Certificates of Attendance for all the attendees.