PINTEREST: SAINT MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL PARISH PINTEREST BOARDS
Additionally, please refer to our Pinterest board for other helpful faith resources and recommended readings that we update regularly for each liturgical season throughout the year.
FORMED: A TREASURE CHEST OF CATHOLIC CONTENT
We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this excellent resource and learn more about your faith so that you not only live it out more deeply but also share it with others.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Go to Formed.org
- Enter our PARISH CODE YFKNCX on the homepage
- Create a personal account with your user name/email and password
- Start enjoying the best Catholic content all in one place
RECOMMENDED FORMED VIEWING:
Video Series: FORMED
|Video Series: FORMED
Footprints of God
|Video Series: FORMED
ST. MICHAEL PARISHIONER TESTIMONIALS
"Linda and I really enjoy FORMED and thank Msgr. Doug for bringing it to us. We regularly watch and go through the various series and studies. This spring we went to the Holy Land on a Pilgrimage and watched the “Footsteps of God” series which was a great help as we learned about all of the wonderful and inspiring places we would be visiting. The series on the Divine Mercy and the series on Catholicism were two of our favorites. These studies have really been a joy, and something we really look forward to doing together. - David & Linda Wulff
"My family and I have enjoyed the Formed membership very much and are so grateful to St. Michael's for making Formed available to all parishioners. Here are some of my favorites (I usually listen to Formed on my commute to work, so I have not seen as many of the videos as I have listened to the audio presentations). Some of my favorite Catholic speakers include Dr. Scott Hahn, Father Michael Schmitz, Bishop Robert Baron, Dr. Brant Pitre, Dr. Edward Sri, Dr. John Bergsma, Dr. Peter Kreeft, Jeff Cavins, and Stephen Ray." - Matt Larkins
- The Trials of Saint Patrick
- Brother Francis - The Barefoot Saint of Assisi
- Ode to Saint Cecilia
- I'm Not Being Fed by Jeff Cavins
"Pick some favorites? Are you kidding? Everything on Formed is my favorite! As a Cradle Catholic and a person who desires to always know the truth, I have learned something new every time I tuned into Formed. I've listed a couple of my favorites below." - Bonnie Pastore
- Christ's Real Presence in the Eucharist - The way they tied it all together from Old Testament, to Passover & leading into the Mass, was very clear cut as well as inspirational.
- Divine Mercy - Some of the phrases that are used or just the way the the presenter says things gets me to stop & really think...for example: "God's divine mercy reverses Satan's game!"
"I really appreciate the free access to FORMED. The information is available in different formats which appeal to different kind of learners. The content is in English and in Spanish. I particularly enjoy watching the videos. I've watched episodes of The Divine Mercy narrated by Fr. Michael Gaitley and the SYMBOLON Knowing the Faith Series. I think it's important for parishioners to explore FORMED by dedicating just a few minutes at a time so they are not overwhelmed by how much is available." - Susan Washburn
"I am a new convert to the faith, and last year while I was beginning my journey, and could not yet enter RCIA, Mary DiSano offered me the link to FORMED as a means of developing my faith. It has been very valuable! When I discovered it, I felt quite blessed that there is such a treasury available to us. Here is a list of the ones I have liked best." - Radhika Sharda
- Bishop Barron's Catholicism series - This was available last year, though is not now. This was an amazing series to watch. Bishop Barron has been quite instrumental in my appreciation and understanding of the faith. I listen to his Word On Fire show weekly. He exemplifies the harmony between intelligence and faith, which is so refreshing.
- The Symbolon Series The Catholic Faith Explained: Knowing the Faith.
- Any of the Lectio Series with Tim Gray: Prayer; Philippians; and Peter. I have found his lectures very intelligent, very accessible, and full of insight and nuance into the faith.
- Presence, on the Eucharist
- Divine Mercy. I have gained appreciation for the Divine Mercy message and for St. Faustina through this great series by Fr. Michael Gaitley.
"I very much appreciate that St. Michael's introduced me to this website/app. I shared the following information with RCIA in March 2018." - Monica
- Restless Heart: The Confessions of Augustine
- Saint Barbara
- Life for Life: Maximilian Kolbe
- Discernment in Prayer by Sister Miriam James Heidland
- How to Save Your Marriage Before Meeting Your Spouse by Jason Evert
- Three to Get Married by Venerable Fulton Sheen
- What Every Couple Should Know About Marriage and Prayer by Venerable Fulton Sheen
- Anger and Forgiveness by Deacon Dr. Bob McDonald
- Stations of the Cross
(as of 12/2/2018)
STEWARDSHIP REPORTS: Click on the report image to download a copy of the report
|2018 Stewardship Report||2016-17 Stewardship Report||2015 Stewardship Report||2014 Stewardship Report|
PARISH NEWSLETTERS: Click on the report image to download a copy of the newsletter
|April 2016||July 2016||October 2016||December 2016|
|March 2017||June 2017||September 2017||December 2017|
|March 2018||June 2018||October 2018|
RECOMMENDED READING: Click on the following links for more information or to purchase recommended books
|Catholicism for Dummies
by Rev. John Trigilio and Rev. Kenneth Brighenti
|Compassion: A Reflection on the
by Henri Nouwen, Donald McNeill & Douglas Morrison
SAINT MICHAEL PARISH APP
Android users can:
St. Michael the Archangel,